Welcome! We provide the support you need to address your concerns. No problem is too big or too small.
- physical pain
- financial challenges
- grieving and loss
Your privacy is protected here. Our counselors are trained to provide professional and compassionate services in a safe, confidential environment.
The CityU Counseling Center is located in the Seattle site, with day and evening appointments to fit your schedule. Don’t live near Seattle? We can help refer you to resources closer to home.
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology students provide you with counseling services in a professional, supervised setting. Our counseling service is directed and supervised by Karen Langer, M.Ed., LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor).
We aim to keep the cost of counseling services low so everyone can benefit. Fees are based on your ability to pay and start at just $5 per session. The average cost is about $25.
Take Care of Yourself Resources
Mental Health Apps/Online Services
Please check with local providers or your therapist’s office as many offer online or teleconferencing options.
- eCounsleing.com: Portal of providers offering online services.
- Mindful Therapy Group: Access to Washington and Oregon therapists by specialty.
- Open Counseling: Group that provides access to free or low-cost counseling groups by searching a state/country.
- Betterhelp: Popular and highly recommended app. Organizes states that they vet their therapists, and all are licensed. It is a pay to use service.
- Talkspace: Provides online and digital counsel through license therapist. It is pay to use service.
- Pride Counseling : Online Counseling for LGBTQA
- Youper: Run by AI and is acceptable for managing symptoms and getting feedback but does not have human support.
- Not Ok: Suicide prevention app for teens run by peers.
- Whats up: Uses ACT and CBT behavior-based therapy models. It has lots of homework resources and is self-driven, does not provide direct counseling services.
- Betterhelp: Affordable, private online counseling. Talk with a licensed, professional therapist online.
- Pathways: Delivery of health care services through the use of interactive audio and video technology, permitting real-time communication between the patient at the originating site and the provider, for the purpose of diagnosis, consultation, or treatment.
- Refresh Therapy: Secure online therapy sessions via video chat.
Counseling web-searches that may include telehealth
Anxiety & Depression
- Anxiety and Depression Association www.adad.org
- Anxiety Disorders Resource Center www.aacap.org
- The Daily Shine (app)
- TED Talks
- Care For Your Coronavirus Anxiety: Resources for anxiety and mental health
- Social distancing and Mental Health article posted on the Washington Department of Health Daily Blog
- Higher Education Mental Health Alliance (covid-19 resources
- “Mind if I Speak?” YouTube Channel
- Veterans Affairs Resources on coronovirus
- Headspace: Meditation, sleep help, anxiety, stress etc. It is a pay to use service
- Breathe2relax (app)
- Happify (app)
- Anxiety Coach (app)
- Panic Relief (app)
This Healthline article has great grounding techniques that can be done anywhere. There are physical and mental techniques, and some general soothing techniques. For example, some easy grounding techniques are:
- Name all the things around you
- Walk slowly and think about your feet moving
- Counting by odds or primes
- Lose It!: App for managing meals and calories. Free version is robust. Pay version has meal plans, articles etc.