Student Services

Commonly Asked Questions

Who is my advisor?

The name and phone number of your advisor is located on the My Account Page of the Student Center. Simply go to the menu at the top of the page and use the drop down under “Student Center” to select My Account. You must be logged into the portal to go directly to this page.

When does the quarter start and end?

There are four quarters per academic year: Summer Quarter (July 1st through September 31st), Fall Quarter (October 1st through December 31st), Winter Quarter (January 1st through March 30th), and Spring Quarter (April 1st through June 30th). The Registrar Page provides a current Academic Schedule.

Each quarter has a number of sessions within the quarter in which classes are scheduled. These sessions will determine when your specific classes start and end.

When can I enroll in classes?

Self-service registration opens for Summer Quarter May 1st, Fall Quarter August 1st, Winter Quarter November 1st, and Spring Quarter February 1st. You may also contact your advisor directly who can register for classes.

When do I register for classes?

As a new student you will be enrolled by your advisor for your first quarter. After your first quarter, you may opt to use self-service registration via the Student Center or you may elect to continue to register through your advisor. Information on how to use self-service registration is located in the Student Tab of the CityU Help Center. Simply select CityU Help Center in the drop down located under “Help” in the menu above.

How do I find my final grade?

Final grades are due to be posted 10 business days after the course’s end date. You may look up your grade by checking the grade book in your Blackboard Course shell or going selecting the “Grades, Transcripts” in the dropdown located under “Student Center” in the menu above. You must be logged into the portal to visit this page.

Where can I find a list of classes that are offered?

Course offerings are available in the Student Center when registering for classes when self-service registration opens for the quarter. Your advisor will be able to provide a recommended course completion schedule for you based upon your program of study.

How do I order textbooks?

Required and recommended online resources that are available to students at no cost are listed on Course Resource Guides (available 24/7) or in Blackboard courses (available 3 days prior to the start of class). Students in the U.S. may use a vendor of their own choosing to purchase the resources listed on their Course Resource Guides, accessible by clicking the Find Your Textbook button on the library homepage or the Course Overviews and Resources link on the my.cityu.edu portal. Questions? Please email textbooks@cityu.edu.

Looking for a list of required and recommended resources for your course?

Please refer to this Course Resources page of our library website.

Where do I find information about Financial Aid and Scholarships?

Visit the Financial Aid Office pages for more information about U.S. Financial Aid and City University of Seattle Scholarships.

I have questions or problems making payments.

Contact the Business Office if you have questions about making online payments or have any other billing-related questions.

• Email: billing@cityu.edu
    • Phone: 1-800-426-5596 ext. 3488
    • Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm

How do I drop my course?

Please contact your advisor regarding dropping or withdrawing from a course.

How do I apply for Graduation?

Please visit the Graduation and Commencement Tab on the Registrar Office page for details on applying for Graduation and attending the annual Commencement Ceremony in Seattle.

How can I get notified of CityU emergencies, school closing, or weather advisories?

Sign up for CityUAlerts to receive text and/or email notifications. Go to your Student Dashboard to find the registration link and directions on registering for the service.

What happens when there is inclement weather?

Decisions regarding closures or delayed starts will be made no later than 6am PST (including weekends!) Notices of site closures, delayed starts, and/or safety related alerts will be sent using the CityUAlerts system (registration link found on your Student Dashboard). For sites located in the Greater Seattle/Tacoma or Vancouver WA areas, local television and radio stations may also be notified of any site closures or delays. There is also a recorded phone message targeted specifically to class cancellations due to inclement weather. That number is (206) 239-4738 or 1-800-426-5596 ext. 4738. CityU Offsite Classes/Programs will follow the same closure procedures as the housing facility. This includes Coast Guard Base Seattle, Lower Columbia College, Victoria, and public school district programs/internships.

Where can I find general CityU policy information?

CityU policies are found in the City University of Seattle Catalog. You are responsible as a student to be familiar with the policies governing your attendance at the University.

Where can I find information about CityU’s accreditation, mission and required disclosures?

Please visit the About CityU pages of the public website at www.cityu.edu.

Where can I find information about CityU’s programs and partnerships?

Please visit the CityU public webpage for the latest information on programs and partnerships.