If you are an active, transitioning or a veteran member of the military we are here to serve you and your spouse. Let us know how we can be of service. CityU currently accepts the following benefits:
- Ch 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
- Ch 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
- Ch 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Ch 35 Survivors and Dependents
- Ch 1606 Selected Services
- Ch 1607 REAP
CityU also participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. These funds are an extension of the Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® to help cover any charges that exceed the maximum limits – the VA has in place for private and public educational institutions. We do not have a limit as to how much our school will cover or the number of students that can participate in this program at our school.
Processing of certifications is approximately seven business days once all required documents are received. It takes the VA an additional three weeks to completely process the certification and remit funds depending on their current workload. Please note, fall quarter is a high processing time, and you can expect longer wait times during this period.
Files may be certified up to 180 days before the class start date; however, due to the scheduling and billing limitations, the earliest our institution is able to submit certifications is two months prior to the start of a new quarter e.g. August 1st for fall quarter, November 1st for winter quarter, February 1st for spring quarter, and May 1st for summer quarter.
- GI Bill Information
- Veteran's On Line Application
- Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs
- Vet Jobs
- Troops to Teachers Program
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- The Vet Center
- Veterans Training Support Center
- Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant
- Federal Student Aid
- Federal Aid for Military Families