Frequently Asked Housing Questions


General Questions

What is Cornish Commons?

Cornish Commons is the name of the student residence hall for City University of Seattle. We share our residence hall with students from Cornish College of the Arts. City University of Seattle students live on designated floors and only live with other City University of Seattle students.

How far is Cornish Commons from the City University of Seattle campus building?


Application Process

How do I apply to live in the residence hall?

I have not received my acceptance letter or student visa yet. When can I apply for housing?

I’m having trouble with the online application! What do I do?

When is the immunization form due?

What can I provide as proof of immunizations?


Roommate Assignments

Can I request a specific roommate?

Are rooms/floors separated by gender?


Arrival & Moving In

What day can I move in?

Can I move-in early?

What items should I bring with me?


Living in the Residence Hall

What is the physical address of the residence hall?

What will be my mailing address?

Is cable TV available in the residence hall?

Can I have a pet in the residence hall?

Are there rules I have to follow when living in the residence hall?