BS in General Studies

Welcome

My name is Cindy Singleton and I have been with CityU since 2011. The most rewarding part of my job is helping students achieve their educational goals. I appreciate the diverse experiences, beliefs, and skills of each student which makes the learning experience truly unique and engaging.

My degrees include a Master of Arts in Adult Education & Training, a Bachelor of Science in Communications, and Associate of Arts in Website Multimedia Authoring, Journalism, and Office Administration/Computer Programming. Both, my master and bachelor programs, were completed entirely online. I earned these degrees while working full time, maintaining a home, and raising children so I understand the challenges of many adult learners. In 2017, I completed certification programs in technical writing and TESOL (teaching English to students of other languages).

Student success is a top priority, so please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or feedback about this course. I’ve been known to respond to students within hours—sometimes minutes—but I do ask that you allow 48 hours for me to respond.

Best of luck with your studies!

About the Program

General Studies students earn degrees by studying a broad, interdisciplinary series of courses rather than a defined departmental curriculum. The design of the general studies degree programs allows students to assemble their own interdisciplinary academic program, which may be narrowly focused or contain a wide spectrum of curricular elements. The curriculum is designed to provide maximum flexibility and meet the particular educational objectives of each student. These degrees give a unique opportunity to develop a multi-disciplinary and carefully focused course of study, which fulfills traditional university requirements while meeting each student’s specific goals for a college degree.

The Bachelor of Science in General Studies provides students with the opportunity to organize an individualized program that meets their needs for degree completion or professional preparation. Students should work closely with an advisor to construct an appropriate choice and sequence of courses. Students enrolled in the B.S. in General Studies may transfer a maximum of 135 approved credits from other recognized institutions. Of these credits, 90 may be lower-division and 45 must be approved upper-division credits. The upper-division credits do not have to be direct equivalents of City University of Seattle courses.

The BS in General Studies program outcomes may be found here.

Program Faculty

Anna Cholewinska, M.A.

Program Director & Associate Professor

View Profile

Amy Reuter, M.S.

Associate Faculty

View Profile

Garrin Ross, M.S.

Principal Faculty

View Profile

Geoff Pope, M.A.

Associate Faculty

View Profile

Sofia Fernandez Lopez, MA

Associate Faculty

View Profile

Steve Cave, M.A.

Associate Faculty

View Profile