The trend in today’s marketplace drives professionals and students toward a project management education. Our workplace is becoming increasingly filled with “projects” along with the demand for skilled project management professionals. Project management skills are critical to employers, but are lacking in our workforce. Our project management programs help develop the top 3 skills in demand – leadership, business analysis, and project management skills. We learn to practice and develop these skills in all of our courses. According to PMI, 15.7 million new project management roles will be added by 2020.
About the Program
Projects are becoming the new business world reality. The BS in Project Management program combines a strong business oriented component along with behavioral competencies, such as leadership and team-development skills, and project management fundamentals. Coursework is structured to assist students in the development of necessary knowledge and skills to complete projects from conception to closure to insure that projects come in on time and within budgets. In this business-focused curriculum, students will be have an opportunity to gain fundamental knowledge to enhance management outcomes including scope management, time management, cost management, risk management, communications management, quality management, procurement management, human resource management, and project integration.Classroom work is based in team environment to prepare students to manage and participate as knowledgeable project team members for success in project management careers. CityU’s academic programs are designed to serve working adult and revolve around their schedule.
The philosophy of the PM Program is:
- Develop the leadership, business, and project management skills students need to become a well-skilled project manager or project team member.
- Integrates a business foundation with the theory and practice of project management.
- Bringing students together with experts in the field to enable learning as a community of project management professionals.
- What you learn today can be applied tomorrow.
- Providing continuous professional education courses as a Registered Educational Provide (R.E.P) through Project Management Institute (PMI.org).
The BS in Project Management program outcomes can be found here.
Anissa Goyal, Ph.D.
Clifton Howell, Ph.D.
Deanne Larson, Ph.D.
Kathy Johanson, Ph.D.