About the Program
CityU’s Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is designed for professionals to develop advanced skills in organization interventional thinking, agile business practices, leadership, and critical thinking, while developing business knowledge in the area of their choice.
The program is organized as follows:
- Business Administration Core: Six online courses help you delve deeply into a range of business topics.
- Research Core: In these courses, research practices and various methodologies to both aid with the dissertation and enhance consulting skills are supported.
- Application Block: This applied project has students work directly within a real organization to design and solve an intervention.
- Residencies: There are three residencies—one each summer during the program—to set the stage for the dissertation. While it is encouraged to attend in person in Seattle, an online option does exist.
- Dissertation: You will work directly with an individual chair to research and write a project of significance within a specific field of study. At the end of the program, you will defend your paper before a committee of experienced professors.
Program outcomes are found here.
- High student satisfaction: 92% of doctoral students surveyed are “satisfied” or “highly satisfied” with their overall student experience.
- Regional accreditation: CityU’s DBA program is recognized and commended for its academic rigor, high quality curriculum, and extensive student support.
- Time to completion: The estimated time to complete CityU’s DBA is between three and four years. Faculty will be supporting students with Professor Live Chat and a highly interactive learning model to ensure student success.
- Program structure: The 91-credit program is offered entirely online.
- DBA students will be supported through Professor Live Chat five times during each course in the business core—an opportunity to engage directly in real time on course topics, both with the professor and with classmates.
- Students have the option to transfer four graduate-level course into the DBA program (upon approval) as a specialization used towards their application block.
- The application is a consultant-based intervention in a real organization and lays the foundation for the dissertation.
- Three residencies get the dissertation off the ground and allow the students to network in person with their classmates, professors and program administrators.
- The dissertation is thoroughly supported with the goal of helping you finish.
Peter Hostak, Ph.D.