About the Program
The Master of Education (MEd) in Adult Education at City University of Seattle is designed for educators, trainers, human resource professionals, and others who seek to prepare for (or advance in) a career serving adult learners. Classes build on a solid foundation in adult educational theory and program design, and includes a substantial emphasis on the use of technology to support learning and teaching in diverse multicultural environments.
- 6 Classes – 18 months to a Master’s Degree. The M.Ed. in Adult Education has been re-designed for the working adult. There are six 6-credit block classes. These classes are designed to allow students to work full time and attend class full time. Students will finish the program in just 18 months.
- 100% online and designed for the working professional. Complete your master’s coursework anytime, anywhere in the world. The program is 100% online. All coursework is designed with the working professional in mind and can be completed while working full-time.
- Our faculty are practitioners in their field. Not only are they responsive and provide relevant, constructive feedback, they also bring the course content to life with real-life stories that help students make connections with difficult-to-grasp content.
- Free textbooks, online resources, and personalized library support. We offset tuition costs by providing 24/7 online access to free textbooks and resources for all of our courses. Students also have access to personalized library support for all research and library resource needs.
The M.Ed. in Adult Education program fosters a design mindset that prepares graduates for roles as trainers, instructional designers, teachers, instructors, curriculum developers, program designers, and/or training administrators. No matter at what stage of your career you are, the CityU master’s in adult education will help you gain skills to immediately improve your performance, benefit the lives of others and open up employment opportunities.
M.Ed. in Adult Education with a TESOL Emphasis
Students taking the TESOL emphasis will complete 6 additional classes from our Washington School of Languages. The M.Ed. in Adult Education with a TESOL Emphasis is 47-credits and can be completed in 2 years completely online.
- Certificate Transfer: Students with a post-bachelors TESOL Certificate can transfer in 12 credit hours towards the TESOL emphasis allowing the student to graduate in 18 months with their master’s degree.
- The M.Ed. in Adult Education with a TESOL emphasis is perfect for students working overseas with a post-bachelor’s basic TESOL certificate. In just a year and a half – completely online – they can earn master’s degree.
The M.Ed. in Adult Education program outcomes can be found here.