Who is protected?
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in an educational institution. All City University of Seattle staff, faculty, and students are protected under this law.
Areas of prohibited discrimination may include:
- Discrimination on the basis of sex in recipient programs
- Sexual harassment or gender-based harassment/sexual violence
- Discrimination on the basis of sex in providing opportunities to participate in interscholastic or intercollegiate athletics
If you feel your rights have been violated, or even if you are unsure, contact the Title IX Coordinator.
City University of Seattle is committed to adherence to the Title IX and The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
How to Report
There are two ways to report a possible Title IX violation:
- call or email the Title IX Coordinator; OR
- complete a Title IX Reporting Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you report a possible Title IX violation to a CityU staff or faculty member, they are legally obligated to report your concern to the Title IX Coordinator.